1) Be more crafty. I want to crotchet, paint, sew, wrap beautiful parcels, make memorable scrapbooks, take enchanting photographs…it would be awesome.
2) Love working out. I hear there are people out there who actually love working out. Really? Hmm….not sure it’s possible.
3) Make amazing meals. I would love to be a Julia Child or a Paula Deen of sorts!! I wish I had the energy to make creative dishes instead of always making casseroles, chili, spaghetti, and tacos. I want to cook with fresh vegetables making scrumptiously beautiful dishes.
4) BAKE!!! I love sweets. I would love to make uniquely savory treats….the ones that not only taste amazing but look gorgeous too, you know the ones? Cakes, cupcakes, cookies, tarts, pies, trifles….pure sweetness. (Of course I’d really need to work on #2)
5) Mason and I would really love to own our own home one day. Imagine driving into a small rounded courtyard, parking your car in front of our quaint cottage style home. Enter in through a rounded red door onto dark hardwood floors. The smell of homemade goodies coming from our perfectly modern kitchen will fill your nose immediately as you travel through each room. We would love to have an English garden nestled around a refreshing pool in the back. We have lots of dreams for our home, even though we won’t be able to have it for at least ten years! We tend to dream about our home quite often.
6) I would love to have a vegetable and fruit garden. Perfect fix for my #3 wish. Problem: I have killed every plant I have ever owned.
7) Love reading. When I think of my sister (Brooke), I think of reading (among many other wonderful things). She really loves to read and it shows in their family. I really admire this. I have loved reading certain books, but in general I do not love reading. I think I simply need to find more books that I love. I want our children to love reading. Good thing they are going to have a Daddy that is such a great scholar.
8) I want to be smart. Again, Mason is a great scholar. He is really smart. Probably one of the smartest people I have ever met. God has gifted me in other ways, but brains simply isn’t one of them. I want to know more about politics, religion, pop culture, medicine….in order to know more one has to read more. Hence my problem (#7). Mason deserves to have more intelligent conversations.
9) I wish I could accept the body God gave me. I wish I had a better body image. As I prepare for motherhood I am fearful of the possibility of having a girl (no, we still are not finding out what the sex is!!). If we ever have daughters, I want to raise them to be thankful for the body that God gave them. To respect themselves and not sell themselves short. To see themselves as our Heavenly Father sees them. I don’t know how to do this myself, so how will I teach them?
10) Decorate our home perfectly. I see a lot of styles that I love but I don’t know how to mix and match them in order for it to look harmonious. I have no idea what kind of furniture to buy or paint to use. I guess I want the perfect home that I can be really proud of but I have no idea how to get there. I wish I could do it on my own, without help, so I could get the credit. I don’t forsee this happening. I need help as we move down to the beach. Any takers? Free beach front stay!!
These are some of the things I wish for…I think I am a little depressed after writing this post. I am feeling a little like a failure at this point 🙂 I have a lot to do!!!
What do you wish?